Tomorrow, January 15th, is officially Blue Monday 2018. Blue Monday is the name given to the day in January (typically the third Monday of the month) claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. So what can you do to beat off the Monday blues, feel fresh, full of energy AND achieve your goals?
1. The most important thing to understand is that you need to be healthy. You can have all the money in the world but if you’re sick and unable to function properly, you’re no use to anyone. Preventative care is the winning formula in business and life. Prioritise yourself, if you need to spend money anywhere, spend it on your health.
Get moving. You’ll feel the energy building when you get moving. It will be this energy that takes you to the next level in your life.
2. What ever your goal is, realise that it is probably not the real goal that you really want. It’s not the car that you’re chasing, it’s the life experience that you really want.
What ever that experience is that you’re seeking, know that you can start right now. You just need to identify the Big Why. What is it that you really want? Once you have written those goals, you can begin… yes right now! The only thing holding you back is you. So start… get into it! I promise you that you’ll get hooked and you’ll advance more quickly. Take the challenge head on, tackle those goals and don’t be afraid.
3. Get obsessive about 3 things: your energy, your attitude and your commitment to habits and routines… and remove the distractions. Long term achievement comes from your habits and routines. The inbox that you obsessively check every five minutes is just a distraction, it is not going to help you achieve those super sized goals you are striving towards.
4. Your hearts is bigger than your fears. Show people your heart and connect to them. When you’re yourself, even when you’re at your most most vulnerable, you will feel in transformation your own life. Why? Because people will see themselves in you, and you become human rather than the Instagram photo that you portray yourself to be. Being vulnerable is incredibly empowering.
5. Your success is likely to be directly proportional to the amount of knowledge you possess. Knowledge about your products… technology… and market. Learn more, maximise your potential and earn more. Position yourself for tomorrow.
Earlier this week I delivered an incredible training session about Becoming a world-class achiever - bring on the super sized goals! Join me for our next training at Fiercely Ambitious Entrepreneurs. I cannot wait for you to join my community of big 2018 world-class achievers!
If you enjoyed this article please share with your friends. Love you all.